Join the OUMC team! We are in need of a Worship Media Producer. Below is a description of this position. There is an application at the bottom of this page, if you are interested in applying. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Brett Hyberger at email@example.com.
Title: Worship Media Producer
Position: Part time
Purpose: The role of the Worship Media Producer is to direct the technical aspects of worship by managing the media equipment provided and directing lay volunteers assigned to assist in traditional, contemporary, and special services of worship.
- Must have advanced proficiency in audio engineering. The individual must be able to professionally operate a multi-channel soundboard and have exceptional experience in setting up audio equipment, such as mics, monitors, and instrument placement. The candidate must have advanced knowledge in the purchase and replacement of audio equipment as well.
- Must be proficient in video production and editing. The individual will be required to produce and edit videos pertaining to worship and upcoming events.
- Must have experience with graphic building. The individual will be required to build graphics for the weekly sermon titles and announcement graphics for events in the church.
- Must be able to organize, train, and relate to volunteers for certain media tasks.
Primary Roles and responsibilities:
- Weekly Worship
- Coordinate volunteers to work in the tech booths each worship service.
- Coach, develop, prepare and direct these volunteers for computer presentations, camera usage and directing, and sound and light board operation.
- Participate in weekly worship planning.
- Attending weekly rehearsals where the use of sound and lighting equipment is essential.
- Assisting in the maintenance and replacement of vital equipment used in all worship services.
- Programming computers and lights for services, and script writing for audio and visual cues.
- Ministry in Technology
- Recruit, train and equip volunteers for worship and special services.
- Assisting with the ordering and cataloging of technology for the traditional and contemporary spaces.
- Provide assistance in the planning and execution of special services of worship such as Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, VBS, etc.
- Additions to Website
- Making sure the sermon video postings are updated by the following Tuesday at noon.
- Video production-
- Overseeing filming and directing of videos used for various ministries in the church.
- Overseeing editing videos for worship and other venues.
- Overseeing the use of audio/visual equipment for events held on campus that are outside the normal church calendar. (funerals, conventions, weddings, etc.)
General Work on Campus Schedule –
Mandatory Weekly Hours:
Sundays– 8:00am-12:30pm- Morning Worship
Tuesdays 4:15-5:30pm- Worship Planning
6:30-8:30pm- Lifted band rehearsal
This position will be hourly. The rest of the schedule will be depend on the time the individual has to complete needed tasks outside of rehearsals and worship, as well as assisting in special programs.
Total hourly limit per week: 20 hours (part time)
Employee eligible to take off up to three Sundays per year, in coordination with Director of Worship and Media Arts
If you are interested applying for this position, please fill out the application below and send it to Brett Hyberger at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to include a resumé and any other materials that might pertain to the application process.
All applications must be received by February 17, 2017.