Global Leadership Summit
ImagineWhat if we could gather leaders from business, government, churches, social service providers, and universities in one place- to learn, increase their leadership skills, and be inspired to work together to solve problems in our community? What if we as a church could build bridges in our community, overcoming barriers and creating new partnerships- where leaders from various sectors of society work together to make our community a better place to live? What if business leaders, pastors, professors, and professionals could glimpse a kingdom vision of how what they do Monday through Friday could impact the world for good?
For the very first time in its 20-year history, the Global Leadership Summit, featuring leaders like film and TV producer Tylor Perry, GE CEO Jeff Immelt, and Pastor Wilfredo De Jesus-Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People 2013- just to name a few- will be coming to OUMC to lead us during two days of training and out-of-the box thinking.
By hosting this satellite event, OUMC is serving our local community by bring world-class leadership development to our city to inspire leaders to be their best.
What is The Global Leadership Summit? The premier training event to help Christ-following leaders and emerging leaders recalibrate, recommit, and renew their passion to lead with all diligence. Presented by the Willow Creek Association, a worldwide interdenominational network of more than 7,000 churches, The Global Leadership Summit is broadcast live from Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Illinois, to churches and college campuses in more than 650 cities worldwide- and now, for the first time- in Ooltewah at OUMC!
What should I expect? Participants can anticipate two full days of leadership training from best-selling authors, pastors, business leaders with experience in the trenches, and visionaries who are able to raise our sites to the possibilities of a brighter future. Sessions run from 9-5 Thursday August 14 through Friday August 15, 2014 in the Worship Center on the campus of OUMC in Ooltewah.
Who are the speakers this year?
- Bill Hybels – Founder and Senior Pastor, Willow Creek Community Church
- Tyler Perry – Filmmaker, Actor and Philanthropist
- Jeff Immelt – President and CEO, General Electric
- Susan Cain – Author; Viral TED Speaker on The Power of Introverts
- Wilfredo De Jesús – Pastor; TIME’s 100 Most Influential People 2013
- Patrick Lencioni – Best-selling Business Author; Founder, The Table Group, Inc.
- Carly Fiorina – Former CEO of Hewlett-Packard; Chairman of Good 360
- Ivan Stayavrata – Senior Pastor, Assembly of God Church, Kolkata, India
- Bryan Loritts – Founder and Lead Pastor, Fellowship Memphis
- Allen Catherine Kagina – Commissioner General, Uganda Revenue Authority
- Joseph Grenny – Social Scientist for Business Performance
- Louie Giglio – Chairman and CEO, Flow Companies Inc.
- Eric Ariel Fox – New York Times Best-selling Author; President, Mobius Executive Leadership
- Don Flow – Chairman and CEO, Flow Companies Inc.
Members of the OUMC community and their guests may register by using the password in the box below. Community guests may also register on the GLS site linked here: http://www.willowcreek.com/events/leadership/
For more site-specific information on the GLS at OUMC, contact Eric Light- Director of Connectional Ministries at OUMC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-238-9216.